Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Si estoy viva-Yes I am alive

OK, don't worry everybody, I am still alive well at least barely with this horrible triple digit weather that we have been having lately. We finally got a break (now only in the 90’s) feels like heaven.

Things I have been doing since March...

Found my "crafty" side. I finally took out the sewing machine that my mom gave me about 3 Christmas' ago...and made my little princess a skirt.

I was solely responsible for keeping Amazon.com in business for the last quarter. I have bought so many different craft books that I can now start my own library.

I learned to crochet. I remember my mom used to crochet when I was younger and was amazed at how she could carry on a conversation with us (actually yell at us) and not lose count of her stitches (I am working on becoming this good, I have the yelling part down pat).-Currently making some fingerless gloves for my little boy.

Losing weight...my co-workers and I are doing the acupuncture/B14 shots with the Chinito doctor. According to him the goal is to "shrink your stomach to the size of your fist" this is accomplished by eating small portions of food, carbs are fine for breakfast and lunch but not dinner and the phrase that I hear regularly, even in my sleep..."more water more walking" (imagine this in the Chinito voice). I am down 15 pounds.

Preparing for the new school year. I have my big boy starting Jr. High and my little boy starting kindergarten (how's that for a gap?).

I will post pics. of all of my masterpieces soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment