Sunday, February 8, 2009

Just Like Mom-Igual Que Mama

Like many Latina's out there, I too have struggled with my weight all of my life. I have never been thin, but I struggled not to get bigger. My mom would always tell me that my genes came from my father's side of the family where the women were "grandotas" or "big boned" and tall. I always looked at pictures of my mother when she was younger (mind you she said she would fit in a size 3) and wondered why I wasn't lucky enough to have been blessed with her family's genes. Well I guess you just have to work with what you have. I think that at my 30-something years I am still obsessed with the weight issue. My co-workers and I vowed that this year we would all do the weight watchers/biggest loser thing. I know that it is important that my little girl (and boys) learn good eating and exercise habits from their mother. I came across this article and thought I would share it with you. Happy {light} eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment